Friday, October 14, 2011

So.... What can you do? Here's what I do.

I have a Google alert for "Zeitgeist Movement" pop into my Gmail "as it happens" and anytime I see a post on a blog or a news story or video about TZM come into my Gmail I hit the link and read it, and if it merits a response, I post a response, especially if it's a negative article that is completely wrong about our movement.

These articles, blogs, etc are being read by people who already show some from of interest in the subject - otherwise they wouldn't be reading about it. These are the folks we need to talk to - the ones whose attention we already have. Randomly talking to people who haven't heard of the movement is fine. but pulling folks over to our side of the fence who are on the fence already, or clinging to the other side of the fence, and trying to get them to make an actual argument against the movement can help them make a more intelligent decision about whether to accept TZM's view on things or not.

Once I've made a comment on a blog, a post, or a news article, I share that comment on my Facebook. People love to read other people's mail. Doesn't hurt to actually SAY who you are by sharing your FB info, nothing's private anymore anyway. it gives you more credibility and gives your response more merit than being anonymous.

You can also share the article on all your other social media. I intend to begin sharing them on my blog. I just posted a comment on an article about TZM being s "fringe group" "infiltrating" OWS from a Tucson newspaper - and I live in Ohio.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2011/10/14/occupy-tucson-starts-saturday-9-am-armory-park&cb=d534a98637069a136a608703fc37a88d&sort=desc#readerComments

You don't have to do everything locally. just get out there, look for the bad articles and defend yourselves. The have no logical argument against our movement. use that.

No comments:

Post a Comment